Sunday, August 18, 2013

Solar Paneling

I wanted to share that my wife, Michelle and I had solar paneling installed on our house in Falls Church Virginia this summer.  As you are aware, providing green jobs and a greener environment in the Commonwealth was a mainstay of my campaign for Governor of the Commonwealth last year.  I sincerely believe that every one of us can make a difference in helping combat global warming, no matter how small or large that individual effort might be.  Simple things make a difference, like walking to the store, riding a bike, using metro instead of using a car all the time to go where we need to.  I certainly would encourage those who can afford to do so to place solar paneling on their homes and businesses.  I would encourage people to look into different tax credits to defray some of the initial costs of putting solar paneling on a home or business.  I firmly believe that these tax incentives both at the state and federal level should be expanded so more and more individuals and businesses can put in solar paneling.  And I deeply believe that our leaders at both the state and national levels should set examples for the rest of us.  I call on President Obama to put as much solar paneling in his remaining term as possible on Federal Buildings.  And I call on the next Governor of the Commonwealth to place solar paneling on the Governor's mansion, regardless of who becomes the next Governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment